How do you know when you have an information problem?
Do you relate to any of the following:
- Takes a long time to make decisions (too many steps)
- Difficult and time consuming to find documents on systems
- Hard to get work done each day – too many things to do
- Spend too much time in meeting (most are a waste of time)
- Constantly distracted by social media, politics and world events
If you checked one, this is unusual. Two to three = below normal. Four to five = average.Note: If you checked two or more you have an information problem and need to ask yourself:
1) How big is my problem?
2) What am I going to do about it?
Information is difficult to manage and impacts your work. Your solution is personal. There are no “one-size-fits-all” solutions. You need to do something before your situation gets worse.